Thursday, August 22, 2013

Miscellar water: Bioderma VS L'Oréal Paris

Howdy doody my beloved readers,

A few years ago, even before I was into beauty, I was shopping in Hong Kong and I saw a huge stand advertising these red bottles with a red or green cap. Little did I know, these were the upcoming HG's of many beauty guru's. These simple packaged bottles turned out to be miscellar water, a cleansing and make up removal.

I've been using Bioderma's miscellar water for over a year now, but my fingers are always itching if I see another miscellar water sitting there on a shelve of a drugstore.

In this blog post I'll be reviewing 2 miscellar waters: Bioderma Laboratoire Dermatologique and the L'Oréal Paris.

Although my face loves to be oily, I purchased the red version of the miscellar water which is for sensitive skin. Let's be honest, we ALL have sensitive skin next to having dry, normal, combo or oily skin.



Bioderma
L'Oréal
Ingredients
Aqua, PEG-6, caprylic, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, mannitol, xylitol, rhamnose, fructooligosaccharides, propylene glycol, disodium edta, cetrimonium bromide
Aqua, hexlene glycol, glycerin, poloxamer 184, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, dissodium edta, polyaminopropyl biguanide
Packaging
Transparent bottle with red cap. The sticker on it had black and red writing on it.
Transparent rectangle bottle. The background in the sticker has a faded red color.
Price
19,75€ for 500ml
4,29€ for 200ml
Claims
* cleanses
* removes make up
* soothes
* fragrance free
* hypoallergenic
* cleanses
* removes make up
* tones & soothes
* fragrance free
* hypoallergenic
Pros
* sinks into the face immediately

* bottle is easy to travel with
* affordable price
* took off more make up

Cons
* bulky packaging, difficult to travel with unless you buy the tiny version
* rather expensive for what it is
* took less make up off than the 'Oréal one
* leaves a wet residu on the face, takes a while before the face soaks in the miscellar water


Overall, I like the L'Oréal one better. Yes, I like the cheaper one over the Bioderma. Although Bioderma does sinks in faster into the skin, L'Oréal beats Bioderma on a lot of domains: it's more convenient, performs better and it's cheaper. L'Oréal has done a great job at putting this miscellar on the market long after Bioderma has. People had the opportunity to try out Bioderma's miscellar water, they did their research and now they move on to a cheaper version which gives equally good results. Nicely done L'Oréal!

No comments:

Post a Comment