Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Top 5 mascara's

If you've read my former blog post you were aware that I was planning on posting a series of top 5 products. Today I'll be talking about mascara. Of the entire make up routine, mascara wasn't something that really appealed to me. I liked curling my eye lashes, but I thought that was enough. Who knew mascara could make such a big of a difference to your look!

Let's start this top 5, shall we :)

5. Maybelline Illegal Length
This is a mascara which I normally wouldn't very like because it has a rather wet formula. The thing that got me over the fence is the fibres. Fibres will make your lashes look longer because the fibres claim to your own lashes. Imagine putting fake short lashes to your own lashes, only this comes in a tube instead of having to apply it everytime with glue. This isn't the waterproof version. Maybe I'll give that a go and who knows I'll like that one even more!
Maybelline Illegal Length

4. CoverGirl LashBlast Volume
I had to know whether the hype around this mascara was worth it or not. And I have to say, yes it is :) It's a very good mascara, but the only thing that I can live without is the scent to it. It has a light chemical scent to it in comparison to other mascara's that don't have anymore nowadays. All in all, this tube has become a good friend of my lashes.
CoverGirl LashBlast Volume
3. Koji Dolly Wink Black mascara volume
This was one of my first Asian mascara's and I fell in love with it immediately. This gave me the natural look I wanted, yet it gave it some volume to those boring lashes of mine.
I've finished mine, but I do have the elongating mascara from the same brand yet to try. Maybe I'll be loving that one just as much as this one?
Koji DollyWink

2. Sana Extra Large mascara
You have to admit that only Asians know how to make the best mascara for Asian lashes. This mascara is no exception. It lengthens and gives volume to my short stubborn lashes. I really like mascara's that have a curved brush to it so I can lift my lashes whenever I'm painting my lashes :) This waterproof tube doesn't smudge on me and is definitely a must have if you want to give your lashes that natural umpf! This tube is rather "boring" compared to other Asian mascara's. You can easily distinct the Asian mascara's from the other mascara's. Just by adding some red hearts it's already more attractive than most Western tubes. I know not to judge a book by its cover, but if the packaging's cute and the content's great, why not go for that little extra something?
Sana Extra Large mascara


1. Fairy Drops Platinum waterproof mascara
This baby is the best mascara I've ever used: it has fibres which will elongate your lashes, it gives volume and it gives a pretty black color to make those lashes stand out, yet it looks natural if you don't like the dramatic look. Another plus to the mascara is the pretty packaging (yes, I'm one of those suckers that will break down for a silly packaging, haha!)
I've bought mine at Sasa in Hong Kong, but if you can't get to Hong Kong as easily as I do, Pretty and Cute delivers them as well.
Fairy Drops Platinum


I know most of my favorite mascara's are Asian mascara's, but hey... they just know what our lashes need :)

What's your favorite mascara?

No comments:

Post a Comment