Monday, April 2, 2012

Favorites of the month: March 2012

Tired of reading 'I can't believe the month flew by and it's already April'? Well too bad, because it did fly by and I am surprised it is already April! :D

I was quite excited to write this post because it'll be my first 'favorite products of the month'. I love watching/reading these posts of fellow beauty youtubers/bloggers. It proves how products can work out differently to people. It can be their HG or it can be the why-did-they-make-it kind of product.
Anyway, enough of the chit chat! Favorites, appear thyselves!

First of all we have a product I've already reviewed before, it's the Maybelline baby lips.

Maybelline Baby Lips: smoothing cherry



This lip balm doesn't only look cute, it hydrates your lips like hell and it smells SO good too! The HK Maybelline baby lips are different from the ones you can get in the States. In HK they're available in 4 flavors: cherry, berry, mint and orange. Now, each and every flavor has its own purpose. Cherry takes care of intense moisture and smoothing, berry makes sure your lips are protected, the mint one is medicated for repair and the orange baby lips makes your lips hydrated. These are all translucent and don't have a color pay off. And oh, have I mentioned that they all have an SPF of 20?


Since I have the typical Asian eye lashes (read: droopy, straight down looking, short eye lashes), I need a mascara to make my eyes appear more open.

Dolly Wink: volume mascara

If you haven't heard of the Dolly Wink line before, it's a Japanese brand and they've decided to collaborate with Japanese model Tsubasa Masuwaka. She's made the packaging so cute you can hardly resist to try out the products! And yes, the quality is darn good!
This mascara lengthens and gives volume to my lashes. The thing I like the most about this one is that it gives a boost to my lashes, yet it still looks natural.


Last favorite face product is blush!
Mac blush: Melba

After hearing so many good reviews on it I couldn't wait to try out this product after buying it. I'm really glad I listened to the beauties out there...I simply LOVE this blush! It's a peachy/apricot color and it warms up your complexion in an instant. This blush is very well pigmented and has a matte finish: one slight dab of the brush and it'll be more than enough!


Hair! Hair! Hair!
Lush shampoo: I Love Juicy

I'm sure many of you have already heard of Lush before, so I decided to walk into a Lush shop. First reaction: huuuuuuuuhhh, so many scents, don't know where to look, where to start,... I did some research on shampoo to wash my let's-fry-some-chips-on-that-hair with and tadaaaa: I Love Juicy turned out to be my hair's best friend!

I have tried A LOT of shampoo's to take care of my oily scalp and dry ends, but nothing has really wow-ed me. I used to wash my hair every other day. Now I wash my hair every other 2 days with the I Love Juicy. This shampoo has a very strong fruity scent. The fruity ingredients are pineapple, mango and kiwi and then there's sea salt for volume and seaweed extract to make your hair squeaky clean.
I mainly use this on the roots so it can get all the oils out of my hair and I TRY to condition the ends of my hair every time I wash my hair.

The only downside to this goodie is the price. But if it keeps doing its job, I won't mind paying that extra bit for a product that works wonders on me.


"You can tell a lot from a person's nails" - Ian McEwan

Catrice: Walk On Air

Unfortunately Catrice is only available in Europe. But what I like about Catrice in general is that they have pretty good products for the price you pay (which is peanuts!). I've discovered their nail collection a few years ago, and since then it's my favorite drugstore brand for nails. Their range of color is amazing AND they regularly have new nail polish collections which are LE. The nail polish you see above is called Walk On Air and it's from the Hidden World collection. It's a peachy color with purple shimmers...SO BEAUTIFUL! It's the perfect peachy/coral color for spring and summer and it's just one of those colors that makes you happy no matter what :)

No comments:

Post a Comment