Sunday, May 12, 2013

Products I've used up May '13

Hi everyone!

I'm back with another blog post. Today I'd like to talk to you beauties about the product I've used up, aka empties post :)

Let's work from the top down:
  • Schwarzkopf Gliss Kur hair repair anti-klit spray
This is a spray which prevents knots in your hair and makes your hair silky smooth. It says it adds shine, I don't really notice any difference when spraying this in my hair, but it does makes it easier for me to brush through my hair after putting this in my damp hair.

You'll notice there's a little bit of a white solutions lying on top of the pink solutions. Just don't forget to give it a good shake before usage.

Good to know: I've used mine for about 2 years before using it all up, uhu!


  • Clinique anti-blemish solutions clarifying lotion 
I think most of you know what this is. This is the step 2 from the Clinique 3 steps line for handling blemishes. I don't use this on a daily basis, because I think it would be to harsh for my skin should I use it every single day. In the end, it does dry out my skin, and I don't like that tucked feeling on my face.

I just put some on a cotton pad and sweep it all over my face. It makes sure to clear all dead surface cells and reduces excess oil that can cause unclogged pores (be gone impurities!).

You'll notice white powder on the bottom of the bottle, shake it until it dissolves into the lotion. The white powder is actually a medicine to treat acne. Good stuff? Hell yeah!

Good to know: Reduce usage if dry patches occur.



  • Bioderma solution for sensitive skin
This has been a huge hit in Hong Kong before coming over to Belgium and the States.

I use this as my daily toner, if I need a more abrasive toner I'll use the Clinique one. But, this one is very gentle on the skin. It cleanses and removes my non-waterproof make up.
It's like putting water on your skin, only bottled in a fancy packaging :)

Put some on a cotton ball and sweep it over your face, as simple as that.

Good to know: this does NOT remove waterproof make up


  • Biotherm Aquasource gel for normal to combination skin
This has been my HG for a few years.

It gives enough moisture but didn't make my face feel greasy, thanks to the gel formula. 

A very good moisturizer for the summer, not so much during the colder months.

Since I'm using another moisturizer for the moment, I won't be able to buy this immediately for the summer time!



Holy moly guacemole, my HG mascara!

Honestly, this mascara makes my stubborn short lashes look like I'm wearing false eye lashes!

You'll notice that the brush has a curvy wand, this lifts my eye lashes to make them even more curly.

It gives volume, lengthens them thanks to the fibers in it, but still gives a very natural look to the eye...A-MA-ZING!

I use the one in waterproof formula because if I don't use waterproof I'll end up with raccoon eyes. Sexy, I know!


  • LancĂ´me bi-facil double action eye makeup remover 
Bi-Facil is one of the most known eye make up removers in the beauty industry. Notice that there are 2 different parts in the bottle: a more deep blue (oil) and a light blue (toner). You should shake the bottle to let the 2 mix and then put it on a cotton pad before pressing it against your eye. 

People say this doesn't leave any greasy film on the eyes, but I do notice that it does when you reach the end of the bottle. It may be normal, but I don't think this (rather expensive) eye make up remover.

I must admit that it does a good job, but it's not like that this is the only one eye make up remover that works. I've had cheaper versions that do the job as well.

Good to know: Get eye make up removers with both oil and toner, it makes the taking off your waterproof make up much easier!


  • Colgate Max White One


Who doesn't want whiter teeth? I thought so...

I gave this Colgate tooth paste a try, but unfortunately this has let me down. Not only didn't I notice any difference in my teeth shade but sometimes it left my mouth not as fresh as I would like it to be.

I will not be repurchasing this one fore sure, which is a shame because I do like the other plain Colgate tooth pastes.







  • EOS organic lip balm smooth sphere in pomegranate raspberry 
 

I learned about the EOS products thanks to make up vids on Youtube. These are probably one the most cute lip balms ever. Are they that good? Not really. It's not very moisturizing, but I'm a sucker for packaging and as soon as I smelled the scent, I was sold!

These come on different scents and yes, I have them all...




  • EOS hand lotion in berry blossom
Another product from the same line; the EOS hand lotion. As you can see on the picture it says: paraben- free. Yay for anything which is free of parabens.

You have to admit that this hand lotion looks quite adorable, but man oh man, wait until you get a sniff of this hand lotion. It smells heavenly! And it doesn't only smell good, no no, it makes your hand soft as a baby's bottom!

It doesn't leave any greasy film on your hand and it moisturizes as hell. Hands down, one of the best hand lotions I've ever used.




I'm sorry I didn't put pictures up that I've taken myself, but I've thrown most of the products out the door before realizing I could write a blog post about it.

I'll try to collect them from now on makes it more personal :)

Comment below if you liked this post and tell me what empties would you repurchase?

No comments:

Post a Comment