Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Review CoverGirl LashBlastVolume mascara (waterproof)

Well hello there y'all :)

I recently FINALLY found a CG Lashblast Volume mascara in a store in Belgium, whoot whoot!
I've been looking for this mascara for about 2 years, as I refused to buy it online. I also purchased the CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner, on which a review (and in comparison to other eyeliners!) can be found here.

Anyways, back to the very well known orange tube of the make up world which has received an award for Best of Beauty 2012.
CoverGirl lashblastvolume waterproof mascara


First off: packaging is quite plain. It's a giant plastic orange tube with blue writing on it.

If you look at it closely, you'll notice a quite big brush. This will help you coat every lash on your eyelid and that's what we like, uhu!

You'll notice that the tube comes separately. You have to discard the bottle cap and replace that with the brush.
Simplistic, but I do appreciate the separate tube.
It gives me the feeling it's more hygienic (although it's probably not more hygienic than otherwise).





I have this mascara in 825 very black and it claims to give a lot of volume. And guess what? It actually does what it claims to do! This made my lashes look very natural, yet full enough.

I also like that this is suitable for contact lens wearers. I have quite sensitive eyes, and when wearing most drugstore mascara's the white in my eye turns red rather fast. I haven't had that problem with the LashBlastVolume.

As most of you know, unless you're a new reader of my blog (wherefore thanks for passing by), I have rather oily eyelids and unless the raccoon look becomes trendy, I'll stick to waterproof mascara's :) Waterproof make up is a must have with me!
Every waterproof mascara that can make it through the smudge test is a good mascara to me! And this CG mascara is a good mascara!

I'm not sure whether it's just my LashBlast, but do all CG LashBlasts apply a bit dry?
Wet mascara's smudge on me and some dry mascara's leave my lashes a "crunchy" feeling. This somewhat drier mascara holds up my curl, is soft to the touch and stays on for several hours. Overall, this baby is right up my alley and I cannot not recommend this! It's simply easy, breezy, beautiful, CoverGirl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment