Monday, August 20, 2012

Nail polish gift haul


A friend of mine gifted me a few nail polishes because she's totally awesome :)
So let's jump right into it:
Deborah Lippmann - Daytripper





I'll start of with my very first Deborah Lipmann polish ever. I've seen this polish passing in a lot of Youtube beauty video's and thought this color was gorgeous! It's a bright pink that can bright up your outfit in an instant!
 
It's a creamy polish with an opaque finish to it. Love, love, LOVE it!









Then second of all, I got this one as well:
Ciaté - Halo





This is a holographic polish. I'm afraid the camera isn't doing the polish justice. If you have (seen) this, you'll know it has a beautiful shimmery purple, pink hint to it. I must say you have to be careful when applying this, because if you put too much on your brush before applying, it'll leave green patches on your nail (shows where the shimmers are concentrated). It's not easy to evenly distribute the shimmers without the green patches, but hey... it does says holographic polish, right? :p



Chanel - Protective base coat


Then last but not least, she gifted me a Chanel base coat as well. We both read some good reviews on it and we were dying to try it out. Luckily the drugstore were putting these on sale, woot woot! I must say, it's a bit pricey for just a base coat, but darn it ... it is gooooooood! As most base coats they dry quite fast and make a good primer. It's a good product, but not sure whether I'll be purchasing it as soon as I finish this bottle, since it's a bit overpriced for a base coat, even if it's Chanel!




Anyway, I got to add these 3 high end polishes to my collection thanks to my awesome friend. A great gift, especially for doing a polish haul :p

No comments:

Post a Comment