Friday, June 1, 2012

Favorites of the month: May 2012

Oh May, May, where are thou May? We're already June and that means: monthly favorites...yaaay!

I discovered some things that will last for quite a while in my beauty/skin care routine! Some of you may know that I recently purchased a Clarisonic, I'm liking it so far, but since I haven't been using it for a long period of time, it'll probably pop up in my next fav's. Anyway, less chit chat, more make up!

I'll start off with the eye make up: recently I bought Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette. I finally splurged on a must have according to a lot of beauty guru's.

Urban Decay Naked 2 palette
I've written a review on this, so feel free to check this out :) It's a neutral cool eyeshadow palette which contains matte to shimmery shades...LOVE-LY!

Recently I've been experimenting more with make up, but it's been a pain in the but to take the make up off before going to bed. But thanks to the invention of make up wipes, it made the job much easier! I've been using the Yes to cucumbers make up wipes to take everything off my face. These soothing facial towelettes cleanses, removes make up and nourishes the skin...all in one swipe! They remove all of my make up (actually, the remove all of my concealer and setting powder since that's pretty much all I wear). It's so much easier than actually cleansing it with a proper make up remover cleanser. Yes, I am lazy, now you all know :)
Yes To Cucumbers facial towelettes
Let's stick to face, shall we?
I've been using the Nivea Pure effect scrub a couple of times a week. It's a very light scrub with micro beeds in it which makes it less harsh for the skin. Something that got me over the fence of getting this is the matte effect it gives after washing your face, and my face LOVES matte effects :)
Nivea Pure Effect peel soft mild scrub

I have a combination skin (oily on the T-zone and dry cheeks). The scrub is perfect for my oily T-zone but the dry cheeks do require a moisturizer, enter Nivea Pure effect Control Shine mattifying gel. I like using a gel during the warmer months of the year so it's less rich on the face. And you've probably figured out I like using this because it gives me a matte finish. It says on the bottle it doesn't contain any oils, but ocean minerals (but I'll leave that up to you whether that's true). I've been using this gel on a daily base and I thought it deserved its place in my monthly favs :)

Nivea Pure Effect control shine mattifying gel
 
Pretty happy nails for this month! My friend borrowed me her Play Day from Mac, and boy oh boy, did I fall in love with this nail polish! It's a gorgeous coral/salmon color which is bright but not neon-bright. It's the perfect color for summer if you ask me. Only downside to this is that this polish is a LE, booooooo! Unfortunately these were sold out in the first week they came out on the market. MAC, if you read this, please put this one in the permanent line? *puppy eyes*
Mac Play Day
And we're nearing the end of this article...boo!
But not to worry, I'll be posting again soon and before you know it, another month has passed and I'll be writing my FOTM for June! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment