Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Clinique's chubby sticks

Interested in this post? Then you're just a lip balm freak as I am :)

I bought one a couple of months ago and fell in love with the concept.
Basically a chubby stick is a like a lip balm that looks like a big crayon that you can twist up without having it to sharpen it...EVER!

Clinique Chubby sticks


These lip balms kind of remind me of Maybelline's baby lips.

They're a little moisturizing, they're tinted and are balms that should be twisted up for usage.







I'm sure that this lip balm concept sounds familiar to the most of you:
  • Revlon's Just Bitten lip balm stain
  • Tarte's Lipsurgence
  • HEMA lip sticks
  • NARS Velvet Gloss Pencils
  • and plenty of others brands

Mega Melon - Woppin' Watermelon - Curvy Candy
I have noticed that Chubby Sticks are those with the most sheer shades and are the least glossy balms, yet they're moisturizing enough to keep me going for a few hours.

Swatches Chubby Sticks




Top down:
Woppin' Watermelon : a sheer cool toned pink. Can be a dark pink if it's built up.
Mega Melon: a corally, old spiced pink
Curvy Candy: a sheer rosy pink

Do I like them? Yes.
Do I love them? No.

I'm still on the hunt for a good tinted lip balm, but these will do the trick for now :)
And by the way, how can you not smile just be reading the name?

1 comment:

  1. i agree with you, the pigmentation is very dissappointing !

    http://beautyseduction26.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete