Thursday, October 3, 2013

Review Sweet Recipe Baby Choux by Etude House

Hello there,

If you've been into Asian make up brands, you'd probably know the brand Etude House isn't a one-day fly.

Disclaimer: I was gifted this make up base for a try out. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of others.

Fans of the Korean brand Etude House might know that they launched shades of the Sweet Recipe Baby Choux as part of their new Spring 2013 Collection. They're available in:
  • mint: for those with combination to oily skin
  • peach: to brighten dull skin
  • berry: to whiten dull skin
Etude House Sweet Recipe Baby Choux

Most Korean brands have cute packaging for their make up items.
The box of this skin primer has sweets on it, making it look like it's edible. (This explains why the Korean celebrity has some of the product on her lips)



Etude House Sweet Recipe Baby Choux: #1 Mint Choux




Each Sweet Recipe Baby Choux comes in a glass jar with a screw top lid and a spatula for application, so no need for fingers dipping in the little pot.
Since there has been a lot of complaints as to hygiene on the jar, Etude House has changed it into a tube by now.



The formula is quite runny, but it has a creamy texture to it once applied on the face. I think it makes me looking a little it paler than I am, this is supposed to be a corrective make up base to help you tone down the redness. You shouldn't be going out with just this primer on your face, although some people might get away with it. And please note that a little goes a long way.
Etude House Sweet Recipe Baby Choux: #1 Mint Choux


My skin absorbs it quite easily and it moisturizes my face, leaving my skin a bit dewy. I must say that this does make my skin perfect looking from a distant.

As most Asian products, this contains an SPF of 25 PA++ (If you don't know what PA++ stands for, click here where I've explained it thoroughly)



Since I don't often wear foundation or BB cream, I don't see myself running out of this Sweet Recipe soon. I'm not a huge fan of primers, I consider it as another layer to put on my skin that will potentially clog up my pores. I rather skip primers if possible. 

Overall, not a bad product, but I won't be purchasing it myself. This can work for those with a dull complexion and some redness. Tell me whether this works any magic for you? I'd like to know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment