Thursday, October 10, 2013

Review Enzymion

Hey hey there!

A while back I was on the hunt for a birthday gift for a friend of mine. You Lushies probably know that you often receive a sample by choice whenever you purchased something. This time I asked for a moisturiser to combat my oily skin. The saleswoman gave me a little sample of Enzymion to try out.
Lush Enzymion moisturizer
As soon as I opened it, it looked like a quite thick off white cream. I'm not going to lie, I was hesitant to try it out. After contemplating about it, I decided to give it a try and I had my benzoylperoxide right next to me just in case I would break out on the spot :p

It supposedly should give your face a matte finish, while hydrating the entire face.
When I applied it, I didn't really like the thick texture of it. I felt the cream sitting on my skin, which I don't really prefer. After a few minutes this did sink into my skin: my skin felt soft and it looked rather matte.

I checked after 3 to 4 hours and I didn't look completely matte as when I just applied it, but at least my face didn't look like a grease ball. It looked rather matte to dewy, a look I can still handle to see in the mirror.

At the end of the evening, the Enzymion couldn't keep my oils at bay. But hey, I haven't bumped into a moisturizer that does keeps my face matte for the majority of the day. I guess I can use this moisturizer with some blotting sheets on me.

I love how Lush only uses natural ingredients and most of the time, the scents are just invigorating. The thing I disliked about most Lush products is that you have to dip your fingers into the jar to get the product out. And let's face it, Lush isn't cheap.

The main ingredients that kept the face matte are the papaya and the lemon. These key ingredients will suck up all the excess oils on the face.

I have to admit, I didn't expect a good result from a Lush skincare product. I've been hearing so many people talking about how products broke their skin out. Plus, even if I did like it, that means I have to keep spending that much money for product :p I'm glad I expanded my horizons on having an open mind to Lush skincare, but will I totally turn into a Lushie or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment