Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Review Clarisonic Mia

If you've been reading my blog since the very beginning, you probably know I purchased a Clarisonic Mia a while back. After reading all that buzz on Youtube and other beauty blogs I decided to get pamper myself and treat my skin better. Here's my blog post on when I bought it longer than a year ago. I promised to do a review on it after using it, but first let me tell you a little bit about the brush it self.
Clarisonic Mia


Basically the Clarisonic Mia is like a huge electronic toothbrush, but for the face :)

It comes with a charger, an international plug, a cleanser and a brush head.

I like how simple the brush is since there's only 1 button on it: the switch on button, that's all. No fussing about when to press which button.
 
Pro: you can use this in your shower since this is waterproof.





Whenever I used this, I wet my face, put some of my cleanser on the brush and click the only button there is. The Clarisonic has a one minute timer as soon as you push the button.
Move the brush gently in small circular motion. Here's my routine:
  1. wet my face with some warm water (this will open up the pores)
  2. wet the Clarisonic brush
  3. put cleanser on brush
  4. go over my face
    1. left cheek: count to 10
    2. nose: count to 10
    3. right cheek: count to 10
    4. forehead: count to 10
    5. nose: count to 10
    6. chin: count to 10 
  5. massage the product into the face for another 5 seconds
  6. wash it off
  7. go over the face with some cold water (cold water will close the pores)
  8. wash my Clarisonic
  9. dry my face a little bit with a towel (although a paper towel would be better)
  10. put on moisturiser (if your skin is still a little bit damp, this will suck in the moisture better than if your skin would be totally dry)
Clarisonic claims that using this tool will remove the impurities, leaving the skin softer, smoother and beautiful:
  • Cleanses 6 times better than with your hands in just 60 seconds
  • Works with skin, not against it, to gently massage away impurities trapped within pores
  • Prepares skin for better absorption of creams, serums and moisturizers
  • Gentle enough to use twice a day
I don't use the Clarisonic to cleanse my face. I usually take off all make up with a make up remover, and then I go over with the Clarisonic to exfoliate my skin.

You can also get brush heads for acne, delicate, normal skin or the body brushes.
I got the brush head for sensitive skin, because I was scared that using this tool would cause my skin to go red or worse. I have to say that my skin does feel softer after using this.

I only use this once or twice a week, but I've been contemplating on using this more often now I've seen that my skin has gotten used to it.

As for the cleansers, I tend to switch my cleansers quite often. I've used Purity by Philosophy, Acne foam by Bioré or the Biotherm cleanser. No matter what cleanser I used, the Clarisonic hasn't let me down once.

You might be scared by the reviews saying that they've broken out a lot before it got better. Do know that this is completely normal. This tool gets all the impurities out of your skin (=worsening of the skin) and then it'll get better because all the goop is out.
I have to admit that I did not experience this. My skin immediately reacted very well to the Clarisonic and my skin has become more smooth.

I've gone through months without using the Mia and my skin has gotten worse. It's clear that my skin is loving the Clarisonic :)

This has definitely become a staple in my beauty routine. I truly understand why those beauty bloggers have been raving about this all this time. Makes me wonder whether I should get the PMD or not? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment