Sunday, June 9, 2013

My daily make up routine

Hi make up lovers!
Today I wanted to share my everyday make up routine. Just for your information, in spite of my obsession for make up and beauty tools, I actually don't wear make up that often, or at least not tons of make up.

I have a preference for the natural look, but I have experimented with some more for evening outings.

I mostly wear make make up when I have to work, or when I go out with friends. During the weekends I'm going au naturel to let my skin breath :)

Anyways, enough chit chat, let's jump right into it!

I like to work from the top down:
  1. eyebrows
    Lioele auto eyebrow pencil - gray black
    • I used to neglect my eyebrows. Frankly, I didn't care!
      Until beauty gurus started to tell more about eyebrows, I started to pluck my eyebrows in the shape I prefer and started to fill them in where needed.
    • The Lioele auto eyebrow pencil has a gray black pencil on one side and a spooley on the other side.
  2. lashes
    Shu Uemura eye lash curler
    • Shu Uemura eye lash curler. Do I need to say more if I tell you I have typical asian eye lashes? They're short and stick straight. I NEED my eye lash curler to give that umph to my lashes.
      Fairy Drops Platinum waterproof mascara
      Maybelline Illegal Length non-waterproof mascara

    • Afterwards I go over with some black mascara. Some of you know my HG is the Fairy Drops Platinum waterproof mascara. But I do like to experiment with non-waterproof mascara's as well. I have to admit, there not a lot of non-waterproof mascara's I like, but I have found one that is ... ok. It doesn't smudge too easily (but still does, especially I've been wearing it the entire day), and keep my lashes curled after putting on a coat of mascara. I present to you the Maybelline Illegal Length Fibre Extensions mascara. 
    • The tube looks quite feminine. A slightly curved, long mascara with pink writing on it. 
    • The thing which sold me? The fibres. I noticed there are fibres in it, but it doesn't contain as much fibres as the Fairy Drops does. 
    • I have noticed that this mascara is rather wet. And although I prefer drier mascara's, this one is ... ok :)
  3. concealer
    Essence coverstick - 05 matt beige
    • I'm like any other young woman who has their occasional rush of hormones, and yes, I have break outs as well. I used to have a lot of acne, but never to the point that I had to see a dermatologist. No, I just dealt with it, because I know there are people with severe acne problems. I was lucky enough to not have that problem.
    • Back then I never heard of the existence of concealer or foundation. Although I still don't wear foundation, concealer has become my best friend :)
    • I've used high end concealers and drugstore concealers. I do have my favorites in high end and drugstore, but in the end, I'm not rich and I don't have sponsors who are kind enough to send me products. No, I'm not affiliated with any company and I buy everything with my own money. 
    • I'm currently using a drugstore concealer, namely a coverstick from a drugstore brand Essence in 05 matt beige.
    • On the little box it says the formula contains allantoin. For those who don't know what allantoin is, it's moisturizing, causes keratin to soften the skin and it heals the skin more quickly.
    • It covers up my redness and blemishes, it turns out matt (great for my oily skin!) and I paid around 2€...SCORE!
  4. lip balm
    Kiehl's lip balm
    • If you know me, you'd know I'm super duper, over the top, totally ob-sessed with lip balms. I have tons of lip balms lying around in every room of the house. I cannot live without them...
    • I like to slap on some of my Kiehl's lip balm #1, which I got with my Deauty box. Is it really that good as people claim it to be? I guess it's ok. Would I repurchase it? No. Why? Because it doesn't do miracles to my lips. Yes, it leaves it moisturized for the first hour I've put it on, but in the end I'm reaching for my other lip balms during the day anyway. I'm just trying to use it up.
    • The biggest downside to this lip balm is probably that this does contain parabens. No thank you :)
Here it was, my daily make up routine!
Leave a comment if you liked this post and tell me what your essentials of the day are.

Have a wonderful day beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment